Top 10 Tips for Preparing and Doing Exams
After two years with no exams due to Covid 19, the exams for the Junior and Leaving Certificate have started. We have prepared 10 exam tips for you, so you can get through these exams without too much stress.
1) Be prepared for each exam. If you start preparing early, you will have less stress in the end. Don‘t put off the preparation till the end.
3) Read the questions carefully. Make sure you understand everything and that you are able to give the right answers.
4) Draw up a plan of how you want to answer the question. This will help you to structure your answer and ensure you don‘t miss any important points.
5) Answer all the questions that are required. Start with the questions you’re sure about. Then try to answer the rest as best as possible.
6) Try to time each answer so you don’t run out of time. You don‘t want to rush through the questions in the end, because you took too much time with the first ones.
7) Allocate your time well so that you can finish all the tasks and answers.
8) Check over your answers. Sometimes you can spot little mistakes while reading over everything carefully at the end.
9) After the exam, take your time and have a walk outside so you can calm down and focus on the next exam. It‘s important to relax during this stressful time.
10) Stay hydrated and eat enough. If your body and brain don‘t have enough energy, you can‘t get the best out of yourself either.
We wish all Leaving Certificate and Junior Certificate students Good Luck for the Exams this Summer !